NEW YORK, June 14, 2018—PowerMyLearning, a national education nonprofit, is pleased to present the 2018 Innovative Learning Awards on June 20 at Chelsea Piers Pier 61 in New York City. Approximately 300 professionals will attend the annual fundraiser to celebrate PowerMyLearning’s mission to strengthen the triangle of learning relationships between students, teachers, and families so every child succeeds.
During the annual gala, PowerMyLearning will pay special tribute to Honorees Michael Poser, CIO of Enterprise Technology & Risk at Morgan Stanley, and Jaime Casap, Educational Evangelist at Google. The organization will also recognize an exceptional student, teacher, and parent.
- Michael Poser will receive the Visionary of the Year award for his leadership role in promoting broadband access and advocating for closing the digital divide.
- Jaime Casap will receive the Learning Pioneer award for his active role in evangelizing education through collaboration with school systems, educational organizations, and leaders who build innovation iteration into education policies and practices.
“At PowerMyLearning, we believe that students are most successful when supported by a triangle of strong learning relationships between students, teachers, and families,” said PowerMyLearning CEO and CO-Founder Elisabeth Stock. “This year, we are thrilled to honor Michael Poser and Jaime Casap for their efforts to ensure every child has a strong triangle supporting their learning.”
PowerMyLearning partners with schools and districts nationwide to transform teaching and family engagement through innovative coaching and workshops and their award-winning digital platform, PowerMyLearning Connect™.
This year, the organization has much to celebrate, including the success of its latest innovation, Family Playlists™. As reported in The New York Times, Family Playlists transform the triangle of learning relationships between students, families, and teachers and drive student mastery and social-emotional learning. After a successful pilot program last school year, Family Playlists are exclusively available on PowerMyLearning Connect: School Edition, the organization’s schoolwide version of its popular platform.
The 2018 Innovative Learning Awards are made possible by a number of strategic partnerships. Sponsors for the event include—
- Impact Sponsors: News Corp, Morgan Stanley, FJC: A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds, Spectrum
- Team Up Sponsors: Roch and Carol Hillenbrand, Michael J. Critelli, Goldman Sachs, Capgemini, Dell EMC, Cisco, GFP Real Estate, Atos, HBO, RTP Technology Corporation, Point 72
- Platform Sponsors: Capalino + Company, Arent Fox, Wargo French, AWS Financial Services, Daniel Dolgin and Loraine Gardner, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, NetApp, Cardinal Technology Solutions, Thomson Reuters, Duncan Galloway Egan Greenwald PLLC
To learn more about sponsorship opportunities or to purchase event tickets, visit PowerMyLearning’s website. For all other inquiries, contact Rianna Hill at rhill@PowerMyLearning.org or 212-563-7300, extension 167.
PowerMyLearning is a national education nonprofit that strengthens the triangle of learning relationships between students, teachers, and families so every child succeeds. PowerMyLearning partners with schools and districts nationwide to transform teaching and family engagement through innovative coaching and workshops, and through their award-winning digital platform, PowerMyLearning Connect. As a nonprofit, PowerMyLearning is especially committed to students from low-income communities, students with learning differences, and English Language Learners. To learn more about PowerMyLearning, visit www.PowerMyLearning.org.